Expressions of interest
From November 2019, organisations are invited to apply to become place-based devolution pilots.
The deadline for returning applications is 31 January 2020.
What is included in the devolution pilots?
There is no ‘one size fits all’ offer. We want to develop deals that best meet the different needs of local communities. We want to talk with local organisations interested in running services and taking on a range of assets from Buckinghamshire Council.
These pilots will help us test the devolution process before a county-wide roll out.
All requests will be considered in line with the devolution offer agreed on Tuesday 12 November.
Examples of what we may discuss with you include:
- Green space maintenance for area outside Wycombe, as per the Wycombe devolution offer.
- Play areas, recreational grounds and urban parks.
- Other local options such as running markets or family/community events.
What is the criteria for being a pilot?
We want to work with a small number of organisations across the county to develop a business plan for taking over a range of assets and services.
In the first instance, we are inviting organisations to submit a short letter. This should set out how your organisation:
- Is ambitious for your community and interested in taking on a range of assets/services (please specify)
- Has the capacity and proven expertise for service delivery
- Is committed to working with Buckinghamshire Council to develop a business plan and transfer package(s)
Who can apply?
Expressions of interest are open to:
- Parish or town councils;
- Unincorporated charitable organisations;
- Companies limited by guarantee with charitable status;
- Community Interest Companies, limited by guarantee;
- Community Benefit Industrial & Provident Society with an asset lock;
- Community Interest Company, limited by shares
What will happen next?
In March 2020, the Leader of the Shadow Authority will choose the pilot organisations.
We will work with these pilots to agree a potential package of assets and services for devolution. A business plan will then be developed to present for a decision by Buckinghamshire Council.
Key timings for pilots are:
- December 2019 – 31 January 2020
Open invitation to local organisations to participate in place-based pilots.
- March 2020
Confirmation of place-based pilots by the Leader of the Shadow Authority.
- April 2020
Phase 1: Start date for expressions of interest in community assets and development of place-based pilot devolution transfer packages.
- April 2021
Estimated start date for transfers of devolution to place-based pilots & assets.
- November 2021 – January 2022
Place-based pilot evaluation.
- March 2022
Phase 2: Possible pilot extensions .
How do I submit a request to be a pilot?
Please provide a short letter as above and return to email@example.com. The deadline for expressions of interest is 31 January 2020.