Working with town and parish councils is an important part of developing the new Buckinghamshire Council.
The new Buckinghamshire Council will need to be able to respond to the different needs and issues in their local communities, working closely with towns and parishes to do this.
In delivering the new Buckinghamshire Council, the Shadow Authority is committed to working with town and parish councils to co-design a new council that supports local communities.
Upcoming events for town and parish councils
Keeping it local: design workshop
Town and parish councils were invited to a workshop in June to help design how your council would like to work with the new Buckinghamshire Council from 1 April 2020.
A report providing a summary of the key messages arising from these initial engagement events is now available to download here.
During the workshop, we gave you an update on the work towards the new Buckinghamshire Council so far and explored options on what a localised approach could look like to ensure that we meet the needs of the diverse communities in Buckinghamshire. The events were informed by the feedback provided at previous events.
- Tuesday 4 June – The Hub, High Wycombe – download slides
- Monday 10 June – Council Chamber, Town Hall, Beaconsfield – download slides
- Wednesday 12 June – Cornwall Meadows, Buckingham – download slides
- Thursday 13 June – New County Offices, Aylesbury – download slides
- Tuesday 25 June – Council Chamber, Chesham – download slides